The September 2017 Cumulative Updates contains fixes and improvements for SharePoint Server 2016 but also contains the Feature Pack 2 which delivers the SharePoint Framework.
Read the SharePoint 2016 Feature Pack 2 released with SharePoint Framework article to get more information about the new features.
- Create a SharePoint Farm Backup.
- Download all SharePoint Server packages.
- Extract the previously downloaded files with a double-click.
- Click “Continue”
- Define the path in which you would like to extract the installation binaries and click OK. Use the same destination path for the other files.
- Run the extracted EXE file as administrator.
- Accept the license terms and click “Continue”.
- Repeat the previous two steps for the other EXE files in this folder.
- Apply the updates to each SharePoint server in the farm.
- As soon as the installation of the cumulative update has finished on all servers, run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard successively on each SharePoint server in the farm.