The April 2015 Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2013 contains numerous hotfixes and improvements for SharePoint Foundation 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013. The cumulative update package is multilingual and contains updates for all languages.
Before you start
Attention: Please check your SharePoint build version. At least version 15.0.4571.1502 (re-released Service Pack 1) is required in order to install the April 2015 updates. If your farm is running with a lower build numer – i.e. the 1st release of Service Pack 1 or a slipstreamed MSDN-/VL-image – you will need to install the Service Pack 1 (2nd release) prior installing the April 2015 updates.
Since June 2014 the Cumulative Updates for SharePoint products releases on a monthly basis.
This cumulative update includes all patches since the RTM release, but not the Service Pack 1. You may install the Service Pack 1 before or after installing this cumulative update. Read how-to install Service Pack 1.
Because of the file size the cumulative update package has been divided in three parts; ubersrv.exe, ubersrv_1.cab and ubersrv_2.cab. You have to put them all in the same folder.
- Create a SharePoint Farm Backup.
- Download all SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server packages.
- Extract the previously downloaded files with a double-click.
- Click “Continue”
- Define the path in which you would like to extract the installation binaries and click OK. Use the same destination path for the other files.
- Run the extracted EXE file as administrator.
- Accept the license terms and click “Continue”.
- Repeat the previous two steps for the other EXE files in this folder.
- Apply the updates to each SharePoint server in the farm.
- As soon as the installation of the cumulative update has finished on all servers, run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard successively on each SharePoint server in the farm.
- Restart the User Profile Service on affected servers.
Hotfix KB2965261 for SharePoint Foundation 2013: April 14, 2015
Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2013 update package
Hotfix KB2965266 for SharePoint Server 2013: April 14, 2015
Description of the SharePoint Server 2013 update package
Hotfix KB2965263 for Project Server 2013: April 14, 2015
Description of the SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server 2013 update package
Hotfix KB2965306 for Office Web Apps Server 2013: April 14, 2015
Description of the Office Web Apps Server 2013 update package
This is a security fix, please refer to SharePoint updates are no longer available through Windows Update
Hotfix KB2965254 for SharePoint Server 2013 Proofing Tools (Portuguese Brazilian): April 14, 2015
Description of the SharePoint Server 2013 Proofing Tools (English and Welsh) update package
SharePoint 2013 update portal