The November 2015 Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2013 contains numerous hotfixes and improvements for SharePoint Foundation 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013. The cumulative update package is multilingual and contains updates for all languages.
Before you start
Since June 2014 the Cumulative Updates for SharePoint products releases on a monthly basis.
Since May 2015 the server proofing tools are included in the cumulative updates.
This cumulative update includes all patches since the Service Pack 1 release, but not the Service Pack 1 itself. You must install the Service Pack 1 before installing this cumulative update. Read how-to install Service Pack 1.
Because of the file size the cumulative update package has been divided in three parts; ubersrv.exe, ubersrv_1.cab and ubersrv_2.cab. You have to put them all in the same folder.
- Create a SharePoint Farm Backup.
- Download all SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server packages.
- Extract the previously downloaded files with a double-click.
- Click “Continue”
- Define the path in which you would like to extract the installation binaries and click OK. Use the same destination path for the other files.
- Run the extracted EXE file as administrator.
- Accept the license terms and click “Continue”.
- Repeat the previous two steps for the other EXE files in this folder.
- Apply the updates to each SharePoint server in the farm.
- As soon as the installation of the cumulative update has finished on all servers, run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard successively on each SharePoint server in the farm. This step is required if your farm level is lower than July 2015 CU.
- Restart the User Profile Service on affected servers.
Hotfix KB3101368 for SharePoint Foundation 2013: November 10, 2015
Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2013 update package
Hotfix KB3101373 for SharePoint Server 2013: November 10, 2015
Description of the SharePoint Server 2013 update package
Hotfix KB3101369 for Project Server 2013: November 10, 2015
Description of the Project Server 2013 update package
Hotfix KB3101367 for Office Web Apps Server 2013: November 10, 2015
Description of the Office Web Apps Server 2013 update package
This is a security fix, please refer to SharePoint updates are no longer available through Windows Update
SharePoint 2013 update portal