The September 2014 Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2013 contains numerous hotfixes and improvements for SharePoint Foundation 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013. The cumulative update package is multilingual and contains updates for all languages.
Before you start
Be aware that the cumulative update requires the March Public Update for SharePoint 2013 or Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Install the SharePoint Server 2013 March Public Update and the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update if you’re using SharePoint Server 2013. The SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update contains all ressources of SharePoint Foundation 2013.
Install the SharePoint Foundation 2013 March Public Update and the SharePoint Foundation 2013 cumulative update if you’re using SharePoint Foundation 2013.
Because of the file size the cumulative update package has been devided in three parts; ubersrv.exe, ubersrv_1.cab and ubersrv_2.cab. You have to put them all in the same folder.
- Make sure you already installed and configured the Service Pack 1 or March Public Update for SharePoint 2013.
- Create a SharePoint Farm Backup.
- Download all SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server packages.
- Extract the previously downloaded files with a double-click.
- Click “Continue”
- Define the path in which you would like to extract the installation binaries and click OK. Use the same destination path for the other files.
- Run the extracted EXE file as administrator.
- Accept the license terms and click “Continue”.
- Repeat the previous two steps for the other EXE files in this folder.
- Apply the updates to each SharePoint server in the farm.
- As soon as the installation of the cumulative update has finished on all servers, run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard successively on each SharePoint server in the farm.
- Restart the User Profile Service on affected servers.
Hotfix KB2883087 for SharePoint Foundation 2013: September 9, 2014
Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2013 update package
Hotfix KB2883068 for SharePoint Server 2013: September 9, 2014
Description of the SharePoint Server 2013 update package
Hotfix KB2883072 for Project Server 2013: September 9, 2014
Description of the Project Server 2013 update package
SharePoint 2013 update portal