The April 2016 is the first Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2016 since the RTM release. The cumulative update package is multilingual and contains updates for all languages.
This update fixes the following issue:
- When you try to create a SharePoint group that has a specially formatted name, the IIS worker process (w3wp.exe) may restart.
- Create a SharePoint Farm Backup.
- Download all SharePoint Server packages.
- Extract the previously downloaded files with a double-click.
- Click “Continue”
- Define the path in which you would like to extract the installation binaries and click OK. Use the same destination path for the other files.
- Run the extracted EXE file as administrator.
- Accept the license terms and click “Continue”.
- Repeat the previous two steps for the other EXE files in this folder.
- Apply the updates to each SharePoint server in the farm.
- As soon as the installation of the cumulative update has finished on all servers, run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard successively on each SharePoint server in the farm.
- Restart the User Profile Service on affected servers.
Hotfix KB2920721 for SharePoint Server 2016: April 12, 2016
Description of the SharePoint Server 2016 update package