The January 2016 Cumulative Updates for Project Server 2010 and SharePoint 2010 contains numerous hotfixes and improvements for Project Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010. The cumulative update package is multilingual and contains updates for all languages.
Before you start
Since June 2014 the Cumulative Updates for SharePoint products releases on a monthly basis!
Be aware that the cumulative update requires the Service Pack 2 to be installed. This Cumulative Update does not support Service Pack 1. The SharePoint Server 2010 cumulative update contains all resources of SharePoint Foundation 2010 since the release of Service Pack 2.
If you install the Project Server 2010 hotfixes, you also have to install the SharePoint Server 2010 hotfix. Note: To patch SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint Server 2010 to the latest build level please install December 2015 Cumulative Updates.
- Make sure you already installed and configured the Service Pack 2.
- Create a SharePoint Farm Backup.
- Download all SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server packages.
- Extract the previously downloaded files with a double-click.
- Click “Continue”
- Define the path in which you would like to extract the installation binaries and click OK. Use the same destination path for the other files.
- Run the extracted EXE file as administrator.
- Accept the license terms and click “Continue”.
- Repeat the previous two steps for the other EXE files in this folder.
- Apply the updates to each SharePoint server in the farm.
- As soon as the installation of the cumulative update has finished on all servers, run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard successively on each SharePoint server in the farm.
- Restart the User Profile Service on affected servers.
No update for SharePoint Foundation 2010 is available.
No update for SharePoint Server 2010 is available.
Hotfix KB3114556 for Project Server 2010: January 12, 2016
Description of the Project Server 2010 update package
SharePoint 2010 update portal